VPN: essence, features and use
What is VPN in simple terms? Virtual private network is a secure and encrypted connection between the user and the end resource, passing through the VPN remote server for the purpose of traffic processing. Processing is necessary to change the user's IP address, encrypt and protect your sensitive data.
VPN connection: features and benefits
What does a VPN do and how does it provide a secure connection? The essence of VPN (virtual private network) is to create a secure and private connection between your device and the resources you visit on the Internet.
What is VPN for and how does it work? Instead of a direct connection to the Internet, your traffic passes through special VPN servers that encrypt the transmitted data and change your IP address. This allows you to ensure the privacy, anonymity and security of your online activity.
Logging into the network through a secure VPN connection allows the user to:
- Watch content from another country through VPN, that is, bypass geographic, political and censorship blocking of content and resources. To do this, you need to install VPN in the browser or operating system of the device.
- Protect your own passwords, profiles and other sensitive data from being hacked and leaked into the public domain. How it works: A VPN encrypts your information before it leaves your device and then decrypts it on a remote server, ensuring secure data transfers even over public Wi-Fi networks.
- Preserve privacy and anonymity when visiting resources that collect information about the activity of verified users, sell it or use it to create annoying targeted advertising that follows a person everywhere on the network.
How to choose the right VPN and why it's so important
In order for VPN encryption / decryption of information and security on the Internet to be organized in the best way for your specific purposes of using VPN, you need to understand in more detail which VPN options are intended for which devices:
- VPN on a smartphone. Here the choice depends on the type of operating system of the device: Android, iOS and other less common options.
- VPN on a personal computer, laptop, tablet. It also matters here for which OS the VPN software should be adapted: Windows, Ubuntu and others.
- VPN for the browser. If there is no need to organize a virtual private network at the level of the entire device, but it is enough just to protect incoming / outgoing traffic through a specific browser, it is enough to install the appropriate VPN extension on the selected Internet browser.
Correct VPN – reliable VPN
VPN operation characteristics (information processing speed, connection reliability and stability, performance mode, desired country selection, network connection, etc.) largely depend on the capabilities of the remote server through which traffic passes and is processed when using VPN. And so that these indicators, as well as the security and privacy of your Internet activity, are at the highest level, we recommend buying a private VPN server.
VPN connection via private VPN-server – These are solid advantages and disadvantages. Maximum Internet speed even with the heaviest files and streaming video, reliable protection of personal information, access to all desired blocked resources and many other useful – all this assumes the use of a private VPN server.
You can find out how and which private VPN server you need to buy for specific purposes on the Private VPN server. It also contains all information about tariffs, payment, rental options, popular questions and answers in the FAQ and a lot of other useful information about VPN.