VPN check: online resources to help
Testing the performance of a VPN service allows you to make sure that it works correctly and you too
fulfills its functions and also helps to identify and eliminate problems that may arise when using it.
For these purposes, there are various kinds of online services and resources that diagnose a variety of VPN operating parameters, from obtaining information about the IP-address to monitoring possible leaks and weak points of the virtual network.
Check VPN: what to test and why
You can determine the characteristics and various parameters of a VPN using special servers, each of which offers different functionality and capabilities:
- DNS leak test. Services such as DNSLeakTest.com or DNSLeak.com allow you to check if DNS queries are leaking through a VPN. A DNS leak may reveal your real IP address.
- WebRTC leak test. WebRTC can also lead to IP address leaks. You can use tools like BrowserLeaks.com to check your browser for WebRTC leaks.
- IP and DNS tests. For example, ipleak.net. Such services allow you to see which IP-address is Russian or another country and the DNS server is used by your computer when connecting via VPN. This allows you to make sure that your traffic goes through the VPN server.
- Speed and performance. Popular VPN speed and performance testing services include SpeedTest.net and Fast.com. They can help you determine how a VPN is affecting your internet speed.
- Checking for data leaks. For example, IPLeak.net. This type of service checks whether data leakage occurs through various channels when using a VPN.
- Geo-blocking and access to content. If you use a VPN to bypass geo-blocking and access content from other countries to Russian resources, for example, you can use services such as WhatIsMyIP.com or GeoIPTest.com to ensure that your IP address actually changes and you access to content from the Russian Federation or Crimea via VPN is provided.
- Security and anonymity tests. Some services, such as 2ip.io, Perfect Privacy's TrackStop or IPVanish's Scramble, provide additional tools and features to increase your security and anonymity when using a VPN.
Test results may vary depending on the specific service provider and VPN configuration. Periodically diagnose your VPN's performance to make sure it works as you expect, has no data leaks, and doesn't jeopardize your online security and anonymity.
Important reasons to check the functionality of your VPN
Carrying out the above tests when using a virtual private network has several important purposes, the main ones being:
- Ensuring data confidentiality. Conducting leak tests for IP-address, DNS queries and other data helps ensure that your VPN truly provides privacy and anonymity.
- Fight geo-blocking and bypass censorship. If you're using a VPN to bypass geo-blocking or internet censorship, testing can help ensure that the VPN actually changes your virtual location and allows you to access restricted content.
- Performance check. Testing the speed and performance of a VPN allows you to determine how the operation of a virtual network affects the speed of your Internet connection. This is important to make sure the VPN isn't slowing down your internet too much.
- Comparison of different VPN providers. If you're choosing between different VPN providers, running tests can help you determine which one provides the best privacy, speed, and content accessibility.
All of these tests have their value in ensuring the security and privacy of your online experience. They allow you to verify whether the VPN works, whether it functions correctly and performs its functions, and also helps to identify and eliminate possible problems.
Private VPN server: helps with security issues
The private VPN server serves to route and encrypt client traffic and does not have direct access to information about whether VPN is enabled on the client side and what settings are used. However, there are some methods that can help determine whether a VPN is enabled, but they require cooperation from the client side - the computer or device on which the VPN is configured.
You can find out detailed information about the product and buy a private VPN server on Private VPN server. The same resource provides answers to common questions about them, about methods of payment, rental periods and other important details of obtaining rental services and purchasing VPN servers.