VPN for the browser: an additional protection tool
VPN for the browser is a built-in software that extends the functionality of the web browser. It provides basic security and user anonymity on the network and bypasses simple GEO-related blocking by forwarding all types of incoming and outgoing data through a remote server. It is worth noting that not all traffic from the user's device is subject to routing, but only that which passes through a specific browser with VPN.
For those who have not yet figured out whether they need a VPN at all in a browser or on a PC, you can read the information in more detail, why do you need a VPN and what are the benefits of using it.
VPN for the browser: built-in or third-party functionality
Browsers with built-in VPN:
- Opera: VPN is enabled in the general browser settings. A couple of clicks and all traffic from this web browser goes through a proxy server, anonymized and encrypted;
- Mozilla Firefox: Offers a built-in Firefox Private Network VPN service that lets you hide your real IP-address and secure your connection when using public Wi-Fi networks.
Google Chrome, Yandex.Browser and Internet Explorer browsers do not have a built-in VPN, but you can download various third-party software modules or VPN extensions for them in the Chrome Web Store and other browser-compatible extension stores.
VPN for the browser: is protection enough
VPN for – one of the simplest options for organizing basic network security. Its main task – redirect traffic only from this web browser through the server once to replace the IP address. And this does not guarantee complete anonymity today, since such manipulations are relatively easy to detect by appropriate algorithms. Also, due to the large number of users, each specific Internet browser cannot organize an individual data transfer channel for each device, hence the limitation of data processing speed, reconnections and failures, insufficient level of encryption and data protection.
A higher level of data protection compared to VPN for the browser can be achieved by renting or purchasing a personal VPN server. Yes, this requires some financial investments, but their size is completely incommensurable with the benefit that the user receives in return.
Personal VPN server: solid benefits
After testing the VPN for the browser and realizing all its capabilities and limitations, the user, who is interested in his complete security and anonymity on the network, understands: the next level – personal VPN.
No specialized knowledge or skills are required to use a personal VPN. Everything is logical, simple, informative and understandable thanks to detailed instructions and a friendly interface.
Personal VPN: easy to use, secure
The personal VPN server receives and transmits data from the user's device through applications:
Which VPN application to choose, how to buy and pay for a personal remote server and answers to other questions about VPN servers can be found on VPN.how. It is here that you will find the best personal server for connecting to a virtual private network, both in terms of functionality and stability, ease of use.
- OpenVPN – the most common secure connection protocol and traffic encryption. It has a fairly flexible configuration that is compatible with all operating systems. Allows you to configure encryption, routing and authentication parameters for each specific user;
- WireGuar – a relatively new VPN protocol, featuring a lightweight architecture. Thanks to the use of modern primitives, it does its job perfectly with minimal resource consumption. It has a high processing speed and is often used for mobile devices and networks with low bandwidth;
- StrongSwan– optimized VPN connection protocol, characterized by a reduced load on the processor with increased performance. Organizes security at the level of the network stack and works with various encryption algorithms.
Which VPN application to choose, how to buy and pay personal remote server and answers to other questions about VPN servers can be found on the Private VPN server. It is here that you will find the best personal server for connecting to a virtual private network, both in terms of functionality and stability, ease of use.