Why VPN does not work on iPhone: the most common problems
Many iPhone and smartphone users are now using VPN services to securely connect to public Wi-Fi and access blocked websites. However, sometimes there are situations when the VPN connection is not established or does not work, even if it was activated.
Let's take a look at the most common VPN problems on the iPhone and how to solve them.
VPN does not work on iPhone: causes and solutions
If a user finds that the VPN does not connect or does not work on the iPhone, several possible factors should be considered to solve the problem:
- Check service blocking. In Russia, it periodically blocks access to some VPN services. Therefore, if VPN has stopped working on your iPhone, make sure that the service you are using has not been blocked. You can check the news or service website for information about the blocking. If the service is blocked, it will be impossible to work with it.
- Restart Wi-Fi (or LTE) and reconnect to VPN. Sometimes problems with VPNs can occur due to temporary network outages. Try manually disconnecting from Wi-Fi or mobile internet and then reconnecting to the VPN service through its app.
- Try different ways to VPN activation. The traffic routing service can be enabled in different ways: through the service application, in iOS settings, or through a third-party custom client. Try different activation methods, maybe one of them will work.
- Remove unused VPN services. If you have several different services installed, they may conflict with each other. Try uninstalling all VPN apps except the one you are going to use.
- Update apps and VPN clients. From time to time, problems with VPN may arise due to the use of outdated versions of VPN services clients. Make sure you are using the latest VPN apps and clients.
- Change server. Sometimes the reason why VPN does not connect on iPhone is an overload or server failure. Try changing the server using the available option in the VPN app.
- Reinstall your VPN profile. If the installation of the VPN profile was unsuccessful, try deleting it and reinstalling it. This can be done in Settings -> Basic -> VPN and device management -> VPN.
- Disable the Private Wi-Fi Address option. This option in iOS may interfere with the VPN connection. Turn it off in your Wi-Fi settings.
- Disable data saving for iPhone VPN . Saving traffic may be the reason why VPN is disabled on iPhone. Try deactivating this option for your VPN connection.
- Check if your router supports VPN Passthrough. If VPN issues only occur on a specific network, your router may not support Passthrough. Check your router specifications for support for this feature, or contact your network administrator.
- Reset network settings on iPhone. If none of the above helped and the VPN still does not turn on, try resetting the network settings on your smartphone. This can be done in the Settings section. Upon completion of this procedure, you must re-configure the VPN and test the connection.
VPN does not work on iPhone: if nothing helps
If, after checking all the above aspects, VPN still does not work on iPhone, the only thing left to do is contact the technical support of your VPN service or Internet provider for more detailed diagnosis and solution of the problem.
Private VPN server: help with connection problems
If you are experiencing VPN outages on your iPhone, using a private VPN server may give you additional options to resolve these issues.
The decision to buy a private VPN-server on Private VPN server helps to fix problems in some cases if the VPN stopped working on iPhone. Such solutions are implemented by eliminating problems with blocking VPN servers, supporting outdated devices, increasing the speed and stability of the connection.
FAQ section on Private VPN server and other publications on this resource will provide you with the necessary information and answers to your queries about all subtleties and nuances of VPN technologies in general, and private VPN servers in particular.