Best VPNs for Microsoft Edge: what to choose
Find a quality working VPN browser extension Microsoft Edge is not easy, but quite possible. Especially considering that some of them may be blocked or blacklisted by providers. In the Russian Federation, for example, more than 10 VPN services have already been limited, but don’t worry, there are still working options for Edge fans.
Features of VPN operation in Microsoft Edge
By launching the Edge VPN extension, you activate virtual network functions that provide the following features:
- Substituting an IP address to prevent providers and hackers from reading and taking advantage of your online activity.
- Browse any web page anonymously.
- VPN for Microsoft Age allows you to use VoIP technology without geographical restrictions.
- VPN for Age helps to bypass firewalls, censorship and geo-blocks.
- Make purchases in foreign stores at better prices.
- Get access to sites that may be blocked in your current location, such as Netflix US or Disney+.
How to install a VPN extension for Microsoft Edge
With VPN installation in Microsoft Edge can be handled by a user of almost any level of knowledge. Microsoft offers its own store where you, as a consumer, will find everything you need. And here's how:
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Plugins/Extensions".
- Click on “Get extensions for Microsoft Edge.”
- You can also go to the Chrome Extension Store by clicking on the Chrome Web Store button. This will allow you to download extensions for other browsers.
- This will take you to a page with Microsoft Edge extensions available for download. Just select the VPN extension you need and click “Get.”
After successful installation, you will have a VPN extension in Microsoft Edge at your disposal, thanks to which you are ready for a safe and hidden Internet surfing session.
List of VPNs for Microsoft Edge: there is a choice
Today we will look at a list of the most popular VPN extensions that can be used in the Microsoft Edge browser. It is important to note that many of them work on a paid basis, which is justified given that paid solutions often provide higher connection speeds and complete anonymity on the Internet.
- ZenMate VPN Free — this is the best free VPN plugin for Edge, providing servers in 74 countries. It includes a built-in ad blocker, protection against DNS and WebRTC leaks, and the ability to change location in one click.
- NordVPN is the best general VPN extension for the Microsoft Edge browser. The service has servers in 60 countries, a built-in CyberSec ad and malicious site blocker, an automatic connection to the optimal server, and a kill switch function that blocks Microsoft Edge traffic if the VPN connection is lost. NordVPN keeps no logs and provides 256-bit AES encryption. Subscription costs range from $4 to $12 per month depending on the plan chosen.
- Surfshark is a paid extension with servers in 100 countries, a built-in ad blocker and an unlimited number of account connections. It also offers access points with a static IP-address. Surfshark supports CleanWeb (blocks ads, trackers and malicious sites), Whitelister (allows you to choose which sites and applications can use VPN) and MultiHop (redirects traffic through two servers for greater anonymity). The cost varies from 2 to 12 dollars per month depending on the subscription period.
For a higher level of protection of your own data compared to VPN extensions, use personal VPN servers. You can find out everything about private VPN servers: rental conditions, payment options, answers to FAQ and other questions on Private VPN server. On the same resource you can buy a private VPN-server or rent it for a comfortable and maximally secure online experience -activity.